The small fishing town of Baltimore, Co.Cork, was the terminus of the Cork Bandon & South Coast Railway's branch line which diverged from their main line at Drimoleague. Half of the Baltimore branch had been built as far as Skibbereen by the Illen Valley Railway in July 1877, but the section to Baltimore was not completed by the CBSCR until May 1893. The Baltimore branch, along with the West Cork lines, were closed by CIE in March 1961. Today the terminus station at Baltimore remains and has the title of being the most southerly in Ireland. It consists of a single platform on which a long brick built station building is located, now used by local boat club. A new road has been built through part of the station site, but the locomotive shed remains in situ, although the small signal cabin however has long since been demolished.