Camolin

Camolin, Co.Wexford, is one of two closed stations between Gorey and Enniscorthy on the Dublin to Rosslare line. The station which was opened in November 1867 by the Dublin Wicklow & Wexford Railway, was in fact merely a halt, consisting of a single platform and goods shed on the up side served by a siding. This siding was controlled by a ground lever frame as the halt did not possess a signal cabin or passing loop. Camolin was closed by CIE in 1963, but the single storey station building and platform retaining wall remains.