Campile, south Co.Wexford, is a small village that was served until recently by trains operated to and from Waterford and Rosslare Harbour. The line was opened as late as 1906 by the Great Southern & Western Railway. Campile Station once had an island platform, footbridge, large goods yard and corrugated iron station building, typical of the type to be found on the line. There was also a private siding on the down side of the station serving the now demolished Co-Op creamery, which was remarkably bombed by the Luftwaffe during WW2. The station ceased to be a signalling blockpost in 1987 and the sidings, passing loop and signal cabin were removed. The remaining station building and footbridge were also demolished in the early 2000s. Passenger services over the south Wexford line ceased in September 2010, although the track remains in situ.