Cappagh, Co.Waterford, served one of the less populated areas between Lismore and Dungarvan. The Waterford, Dungarvan & Lismore Railway opened their line between Lismore and Dungarvan in 1878, later taken over by the Great Southern & Western. Cappagh Station was latterly a halt, boasting just one platform with no passing loop or signal cabin, however a siding was provided at the east end of the station serving the small stone built goods shed. The station building at Cappagh is a single storey stone structure, complete with small veranda on the platform side, held up by two ornate columns. The station remained open to both passenger and goods traffic until the Mallow to Waterford line closed in 1967. Today, both the single platform, station building and goods shed survive in a very good condition. At the western end of the station the railway crossed the N72 road at right angles, the former level crossing of which is still evident today.