Cappoquin, Co.Waterford, served one of the more populated areas between Lismore and Dungarvan. The Waterford, Dungarvan & Lismore Railway opened their line between Lismore and Dungarvan in 1878, later taken over by the Great Southern & Western. The station at Cappoquin had up & down platforms, with the two storey station building located on the up side. At the eastern end of the station just beyond the down platform was the GSWR signal cabin, opposite which was the somewhat basic water tower. The stone built goods was also on the up side where the small goods yard was located.Cappoquin was a well kept station in railways days, winning many 'best station' prizes, and today it still reflects this. The station is now a private residence, and the signal cabin, water tower and goods shed remain largely intact since the Mallow to Waterford line closed in 1967. Only the down platform has been demolished. At the west end was a level crossing on the N72 road, beyond which was the impressive viaduct across the River Blackwater, which still stands on the west side of the small town.