Carbury, north Co.Kildare, was the only intermediate station on the branch line which ran from Nesbitt Junction on the Sligo line, to the town of Edenderry, built by the Midland Great Western Railway in April 1877. The station at Carbury consisted of single platform with a small goods yard served by a couple of sidings. The signal cabin at Carbury was removed after the branch closed to regualr passenger and goods services in 1932. The Edenderry branch remained in use however for occasional special trains until April 1963. Today, the single storey brick built station building at Carbury remains intact, as well as the single platform.