Carrigaline, Co.Cork, was on the narrow gauge Cork Blackrock & Passage Railway line, which ran from Cork City south to Crosshaven around Cork Harbour. The section from Crosshaven through to Passage East was single track, but beyond Passage it was double track all the way to Cork City; the only double track narrow gauge line in Ireland. The Great Southern Railway took over the CB&PR in 1925, by which time the line was under competition from buses, resulting in the complete closure of the rail line in 1932.
Carrigaline Station still retains its island platform and original corrugated iron station building with canopy, but the signal cabin and goods shed are long gone. Just south of the station the line once crossed the Owenboy River on a viaduct, but today only the concrete abutments survive just off the main road to Crosshaven.