Carrignagat Junction

Carrignagat Junction, Co.Sligo, was located just north of Collooney on the Midland Great Western's Sligo line, and was the location where the former Sligo Leitrim & North Counties Railway line from Enniskillen joined the MGWR line for the last few miles north to Sligo. The Great Southern Railway removed the physical junction at Carrignagat in the 1930s and from there onwards Carrignagat to Ballysadare were operated as two parallel single lines. The SLNCR line closed in 1957 and was lifted in 1959, while the former trackbed on the approach to Carrignagat has been built on by the new N4 duel carriage way, but the railway cottages which accommodated the signalmen survive at the junction site.