Carrowmore, Co.Mayo, is located on the currently disused Claremorris to Collooney railway line, known as the 'Burma Road'. The line, built cheaply by the Great Southern & Western Railway in 1895, served only sparsely inhabited lands. Regular passenger services on the line ceased in 1963, but the line remained open for goods traffic until 1975. The track and infrastructure remains in situ, though very much derelict. The line is now part of the Western Rail Corridor project, and may see a re-opening in the future with a service to Sligo. Currently the track is now been cleared and fenced off in order preserve the line. Carrowmore serves only a tiny village, and therefore the station only consisted of a single platform, small station building and goods shed, all of which remain today.