Castleconnell, Co.Limerick, is one of the small wayside stations still open on the Limerick to Ballybrophy line. The single platform station, opened in August 1858, was closed by CIE in September 1963, but was re-opened by Irish Rail in 1988. A car park has now been built on the former goods yard and sidings, but the signal cabin at the north end of the station still stands, adjacent to the level crossing which is still manually operated. Today the line between Limerick and Ballybrophy has a limited passenger service.