Church Cross

Church Cross, west Co.Cork, was a small village through which the Schull & Skibbereen Tramway passed through. Opened with the line in September 1886, the station at Church Cross was located at the western end of the village along the N71 road. It had one platform and a single storey station building, there was no loop or sidings. Regular passenger and goods services on the Schull & Skibbereen line ceased in January 1947, but the line remained in situ until June 1953, when it was closed completely by CIE. Today there is little trace of the station at Church Cross, except for a small structure which may be a remaining section of the station building.