This is the Midland Great Western Railway station in Collooney on the Dublin to Sligo line, Co.Sigo. The two storey station building is one the smaller ones on the MGWR line from Mullingar. The goods shed at the south end also remains. The former up platform which was taken out of use by the Great Southern Railway in the early 1930s was recently demolished to allow the down platform to be widened and extended. Just north of the station the 1895 constructed Great Southern & Western Railway line from Claremorris joins the Sligo line at Collooney North Jct. The line to Claremorris closed to passengers in 1963, and to goods in 1975.