This is the Sligo Leitrim & North Counties Railway station in Collooney, Co Sligo, which was location on the former 1881 built line from Enniskillen to Sligo, which closed in 1957 and was lifted two years after in 1959. The SLNCR station in Collooney boasted two platforms, signal cabin and corrugated iron station buildings and goods shed. Today, only the overgrown platforms remain, the rest of the buildings have been demolished, although the concrete base of the water tower remains. There was a level crossing at the Sligo end of the station, and just beyond it the line crossed the Ballysadare River on a low girder bridge, to which only one of the parapets remains.
There was a link line which diverged towards the Great Southern & Western's station just west of the town, and this link line passed beneath the present Midland Great Western's Sligo line. The line was used mainly for storing goods wagons. The SLNCR joined the MGWR line to Sligo at Carrignagat Jct just to the north. The trackbed between the SLNCR station and junction has been built over by the new N4 road.