Creagh, Co.Cork, was one of the small intermediate stations located on the Cork Bandon & South Coast Railway's branch line from Drimoleague to the small fishing town of Baltimore. A section of the branch had original been opened by the Illen Vallery Railway to Skibbereen in July 1877, with the CBSCR extending the line southwards to Baltimore in May 1893. The Baltimore branch, along with the rest of the West Cork lines were closed by CIE in March 1961. Located off the R595 road, the station at Creagh remains, with its somewhat extended station building and single platform. The station also once had a small signal cabin, but no loop or sidings.
The former Creagh Station, looking south towards Baltimore along the single platform. The station was opened in May 1893, and was closed in March 1961. Creagh, looking north towards Drimoleague. The station building has been extended and rebuilt at this end, and no longer features its original brick facade. The northern end of Creagh Station is somewhat unaltered since railway days. This end of the building housed the waiting room. In the foreground is the single platform; there was no loop or sidings here. An original wooden name board, located at the northern end of the station building at Creagh.
At Creagh the station building was located on the down side of the line, with passengers having to pass through this typical Cork Bandon & South Coast Railway style gate and cross the track to the platform. This is the much extended gate keepers house at Lackaghane level crossing, the first south of Creagh Station, which crossed the R595 road to Baltimore. This view is looking north towards Drimoleague. The site of Lackaghane level crossing south of Creagh, looking towards Baltimore. Having crossed the R595 road, the railway line passed through a rocky cutting seen here, now overgrown with gorse shrubs.