Crossbarry, Co.Cork, located on the former Cork Bandon & South Coast Railway's line from Cork to Bantry, was once the junction for the branch line to Kinsale, which was constructed by the Cork & Kinsale Jct Railway, and opened in June 1863. Latterly operated by the CBSCR, the branch line was the first to be closed under the amalgamated Great Southern Railway in September 1931. Kinsale Junction Station itself was renamed 'Crossbarry' following the branch line's demise and remained open until closure of the West Cork lines by CIE in March 1961. Crossbarry had three platforms, with the main building on the up side, now a private residence. On the down side was an island platform on which the signal cabin and wooden waiting room were once located. Today the platforms remain in good condition, although only the shell and foundation of the signal cabin survives.