Crossdoney, Co.Cavan, is located on the former Midland Great Western Railway's line from Inny Jct, on the Sligo line, to Cavan. The Cavan line was opened in July 1856, but lost its passenger service in 1947, but remained in use for goods traffic until around 1960. Crossdoney was also the junction for the short branch line to Killashandra, which diverged just south of station; it closed completely in 1959. Crossdoney Station remains semi derelict but largely intact. The station building, complete with canopy, platforms and typical MGWR waiting room remains. At the north end is the goods shed and loading bank. The main road just south of the station, has been re-routed around the back of the original stone road overbridge, which resulted in the demolition of the signal cabin. Beside the station there are a few MGWR style railway cottages also.