Culloville

Culloville, Co.Monaghan, is located on the former Great Northern Railway's Irish North West line from Dundalk to Enniskillen, which opened in June 1858 but lost its passenger service in 1957, and closed completely in 1959. Only the station masters house, up platform and brick built signal cabin base remains at Culloville, the rest of the station buildings have since been demolished. The trackbed is partly used as a private driveway and passes beneath a farm overbridge and through a cutting at the west end of the station. In the village of Culloville there are some items commemorating the former railway line.