Headford Junction Station, Co.Kerry, on the Mallow to Tralee line, is where the 1893 built branch line to Kenmare diverged from the main line. Never a profitable line, the Kenmare branch closed to all traffic in January 1959, the tracks been lifted the following year. Headford Jct Station itself only served a sparsely populated area, and was closed in October 1963, but the station remained a block post until the closure of the signal cabin in the mid 1970s. Today, only the platforms and derelict signal cabin remain, along with the typical Kerry line station masters house, now a private residence. The Kenmare branch platform also remains on the south side of the station.