Innishannon, Co.Cork, was a former station on the Cork Bandon & South Coast Railway's main line from Cork to Bantry. Originally opened by the Cork and Bandon Railway in August 1849, it was also known as 'Innishannon Road', due to its location on the main road west of Innishannon village (now the N71). The station had one platform and a single storey station building. The station, located just east of the Innishannon Viaduct which crossed the Bandon River, was an early casualty, closing in March 1893 by the CBSCR. The West Cork line's themselves were closed by CIE in March 1961. Little remains of Innishannon Station today, the trackbed having been converted into a walkway between here and Bandon. The bridge abutments of the nearby viaduct remain, and just further east is Kilpatrick Tunnel, 133 yards long and the first railway tunnel constructed in Ireland.