Island Road Station, Co.Roscommon, was the second intermediate station on the Ballaghaderreen branch, which ran from Kilfree Junction on the Midland Great Western Railway's Dublin to Sligo line. Island Road had a small waiting room and single storey station building. The station building has not been altered much since closure of the branch in February 1963, and remains much the same as it was in railway days. The station only had one platform and an adjacent level crossing, there was no loop or sidings. The branch from Kilfree to Ballaghaderreen had opened in November 1874, with the station at Island Road being a latter addition opening in July 1909.