Mogeely, east Co.Cork, is located on the disused Cobh Jct to Youghal line, which was opened in February 1860 by the Cork & Youghal Railway. Regular passenger services on the Youghal line ceased in 1963, but Sunday passenger excursion and sugar beet/goods trains continued to run until the late 1970s. Up to 1987, Knock pilgrimage trains and GAA specials traversed the Youghal line and but it has since fallen into a severe state of dereliction beyond Midleton. Mogeely consists of a single platform, small brick built station building and goods shed, loop and siding. The small neat wooden signal cabin is gone, and its lever frame is now dumped in the former goods yard .The east end of Mogeely is very much overgrown, as is the east side of the adjacent station level crossing, the gates of which were recently renewed for no real purpose. Whilst the section between Cobh Jct to Midleton was reopened in 2009, the line beyond to Mogeely and Youghal remains derelict.