Rosslare Strand Station, which serves the nearby town of Rosslare in south Co.Wexford, was first served by rail when the GSWR opened their line from Wexford North to Rosslare Harbour in 1882. In August 1906, Rosslare Strand became the junction for the line to Waterford, which allowed mail and boat trains to reach both the Rosslare Harbour and Cobh Harbour in Co.Cork. The Waterford route, known generally as the 'South Wexford' line , lost its infrequent passenger service in September 2010.
Rosslare Strand Station has both up & down platforms; the up platform was used for Waterford line trains until 2010. On the down platform is the GSWR single story station building, dating from 1906. The Victorian brick built signal cabin was made redundant in 2008 and was subsequently demolished, following the replacement of the mechanical signalling on the Rosslare line.