Street and Rathowen
Street & Rathowen Station, which served the villages of the same name in Co.Westmeath on the Midland Great Western Railway's built main Dublin to Sligo line. The small wayside station at Street & Rathowen was opened in August 1887, some years after the line. It was eventually closed by CIE in June 1963. The station had up & down platforms, but today both have been demolished. On the down side is the MGWR style brick waiting shelter, similar to that at Dromod, while on the up side is the single storey stone built station building. The adjacent gate keepers house also survives, but the level crossing gates have since been automated.