The small town of Oldcastle, Co.Meath, was the terminus of a branch line built by the Dublin & Belfast Jct Railway from Drogheda via Navan in March 1863. Taken over by the Great Northern Railway in 1876, the Oldcastle branch lost its passenger service in April 1958, but remained in use for goods until 1963. The station at Oldcastle remains remarkably intact, and is one of the few to retain its GNR canopies and wooden train shed. Adjacent to the station on the single platform is a yellow/brick building added by the GNR. The large goods shed and water tower also remain, complete with tank.