The small village of Omeath, Co.Louth, was located on the former Dundalk Newry & Greenore Railway, which ran from Newry down along the Carlingford Lough to Greenore port, opening in August 1876. The line was later bought by the infamous London & North Western Railway (LNWR) and from then on the line had an LNWR influence which lasted right up to 1952 when the line closed. The trains used LNWR liveried coaches and locomotives even after the line had been taken over by the Great Northern Railway in the 1930s. The station at Omeath has a single storey white washed building, complete with a short single platform.
The single storey Dundalk Newry & Greenore Railway station building at Omeath. The adjacent short single platform also survives. A removed railway bridge by Carlingford Lough, just south of Omeath village. The DNGR line was opened in August 1876, and was closed completely in January 1952.