Pace, Co.Meath, is where the first phase of the re-opened Clonsilla to Navan railway line terminates The town land of Pace is located just north of Dunboyne which the former Dublin & Meath Railway passed through. The line was opened between Clonsilla and Navan in August 1862, and was worked largely by the Midland Great Western. Passenger services over the line ceased in 1947 and it finally closed completely in April 1963, however the section of line to Pace was reopened in September 2010. The reopening also saw the reinstatement of the former double track line which once existed between Clonsilla and Drumree between 1882 and 1929. The station at Pace is located just north of the Tolka River bridge and has up & down platforms, with the modern single storey booking office located on the down side. It is designed as a 'park & ride' station and features a large car park accessed off the adjacent M3 motorway. The reopening of the remaining section north to Navan remains uncertain.