Palace East, Co.Wexford, is where the 1866 built Great Southern & Western Railway's branch line from Bagnalstown joined the 1860 built Dublin Wicklow & Wexford Railway's line from Macmine Jct to Waterford via New Ross. Passenger services on the Bagnalstown line ceased in 1931 and to goods in 1946, but it remained in use for sugar beet traffic until April 1963, when at the same time passenger and goods services over the Macmine Jct to Waterford route ceased completely. Palace East Station was laid out unusually, with one platform for the Waterford line and a bay for Bagnalstown trains. The loop and sidings were located at the east end of the station and this often resulted in complicated shunting movements. The corrugated iron DWWR style station building, platform and 1923 built Dublin South Eastern Railway style signal all remain in relatively good condition at Palace East, although the west end of the station is quite overgrown.