Park West and Cherry Orchard
Park West & Cherry Orchard Station, west Dublin City, is located on the main Dublin to Cork line, which was opened by the Great Southern & Western Railway as far as Carlow in August 1846. The Park West & Cherry Orchard areas are mainly new & old housing developments in west Dublin City. The station here is one of the newest to be built for the commuter services from Hazelhatch and Kildare. It consists of a modern booking office attached to the new road overbridge above the railway line. The station has four platforms, serving the main & commuter lines between Dublin Heuston and Hazelhatch. Cherry Orchard once had its own station, opened in 1994, but it was heavily vandalised and replaced in July 2008 by this one located just south of the original site.