Quilty, Co.Clare, was a small village served by the 1887/95 constructed West Clare narrow gauge railway line, which ran from Ennis to Kilkee and Kilrush. The West Clare was the last narrow gauge railway in Ireland, finally closing in 1961, despite CIE's efforts to modernise the route. Quilty is typical of the type built a small station/halts on the line, it has a single platform, single storey station building, and corrugated iron railway shed, all of which remain intact today. There was goods siding and platform at the south end of the station also. See Co.Clare Library site for photos of Quily Station.