Drumhawnagh Station served a sparsely populated area on the former Midland Great Western Railway's 1850s built line from Inny Junction to Cavan. Passenger services over the line ceased in 1947, but remained in use for goods traffic until 1960. Drumhawnagh did not warrant a large station, and merely consisted of a single platform, small wooden waiting room/ticket office, goods shed and crossing keepers house. The wooden waiting room remains remarkably intact despite the number of years it has been out of use, while the crossing keepers house has been extended considerably. The goods shed is of a medium size that was constructed on the Cavan line.