Dundalk Quay Street
The station at Quay Street, Dundalk, served trains on the Dundalk Newry & Greenore Railway, which ran east from Dundalk to Greenore, and latterly north to Newry. The line was partly owned by the London & North Western Railway and was opened to Greenore from Dundalk in May 1873. In 1923, the line was passed to the Great Northern Railway who maintained services on the railway until the end of 1951. The DN&GR station at Quay Street was located on the east side of the Co.Louth town and had a single platform, partly covered by a canopy which extended out from the station building. Today, the substaintial station building survives adjacent to the N52 road, the road having been built along the former trackbed in the 1980s. At the town end of the station was a level crossing and beyond this the line connected with the GNR line at Barrack Street. A stub of the line remained in situ to Quay Street as a headshunt from the goods yard at Barrack Street, but this was lifted in the mid 1970s.