Float Station, is the first station north of Inny Jct on the former Midland Great Western Railway's line to Cavan which diverged from their Sligo line north of Mullingar. The station, which opened in July 1876, takes its unusual name from a crossing point on the Inny River located to the west on the R395 road to Castlepollard. The station building, complete with single platform and small goods shed remains. There are also some adjacent MGWR railway cottages. The signal cabin once stood adjacent to the level crossing to which it controlled, but was demolished after complete closure of the line in January 1961.