Foxrock, south Dublin, was of course served by the Harcourt St to Bray line, which was opened by the Dublin & Wicklow Railway in 1861 as their mainline to Wexford. Foxrock had quite a large station, which boasted three platforms, the third becoming known as the 'racecourse' platform, as it was adjacent to the well known Leopardstown Racecourse. A pathway led from this platform to the racecourse and the station was very busy on race days with many special trains. The platforms were all linked by a typical, but long, DWWR/DSER footbridge. The station building, was also a typical DWR structure, and was located on the down platform, along with the DSER brick built signal cabin. There were additional sidings to the south, and north of the station. A level crossing at the south end of the station served the nearby golf club, which is still exists. The Harcourt St line was rather short-sightedly closed in December 1958, but now most of the route will be reopened in the form of Luas line B which is being extended south to Bray on most of the former trackbed.
It should be noted that the new line avoids this section through Foxrock briefly and instead serves the west side of the Leopardstown. Although the original station was still intact in the mid 1990s, albeit derelict, it was demolished to make way for new housing estate which are occupies station site. Today, all that remains of the station is the former up platform and passenger gate entrance.