Inny Junction Station, Co.Westmeath, on the Midland Great Western Railway's Dublin to Sligo line, has to rank as one of the most isolated stations on the Irish railway network. The junction, named after the adjacent Inny River, was where the MGWR's 1856 built line to Cavan diverged. So remote was this station, located mainly in bogland and accessed by two narrow dirt roads, it was closed by the Great Southern Railway in 1931, and from then on junction was remotely controlled from Multyfarnham signal cabin further south. The Cavan line lost its passenger services in 1947, but remained in use until 1960, when it finally closed to goods. There isn't much left of Inny Jct station today, although the formation of the former junction can still be clearly seen.