Irvinestown, Co.Fermanagh, was located on the June 1866 opened Bundoran branch line of the Great Northern Railway, which diverged from their Dundalk to Enniskillen line at Bundoran Jct. The station at Irvinestown today, which retains all its original buildings, also includes the typical GNR signal cabin at the east end of the station, as well as the fine wooden GNR waiting room on the down platform. The goods shed is attached to the main station building, and is similar to that of Ballyshannon Station further west. Both platforms, including the goods platform remain, although filled in with earth. The road overbridge at the west end of the station has been demolished however. The Bundoran branch was closed in October 1957, along with the rest of the GNR's lines in Fermanagh.