Hazelhatch, Co.Kildare, serves mainly the nearby village of Celbridge. The station, located on the main Dublin to Cork line, was opened by the Great Southern & Western Railway in August 1848. The station was closed however by CIE in 1947, but was reopened in 1994 to serve the new suburban service to Kildare. The station, once a secluded spot, now has a modern appearance, accept for the Great Southern & Western Railway built station building, typical of the type built at smaller stations on the Cork line. It remains today, although no longer use. At the north end of the station on the down side the former goods shed also survives. Hazelhatch is where the current quadruple track from Dublin ends, and there are two sets of up & down platforms, as well as a bay platform for terminating services from Heuston.