Hill of Down
The small village of Hill of Down, Co.Meath, had a station on the Midland Great Western Railways Dublin to Sligo line, located between Maynooth and Mullingar. The station, adjacent to the small village and the Royal Canal was closed by CIE in 1947, but it remained a block post until the late 1970s following the transfer of the Galway & Mayo line services to the Cork main line. Both platforms and tall signal cabin were still extant in the early 1990s, but these, along with the station buildings have all be demolished. Only the up platform with its raised section, and goods platform to the east of the station remains. The station had originally opened with the line to Mullingar in December 1847.