Rathmore, Co.Kerry, is located on the Great Southern & Western Railway's December 1854 built line from Mallow to Killarney. Rathdmore Station has both up and down platforms, with GSWR station buildings located on the down side. The former goods shed and yard was also on the down side at the east end of the station. At the west end of the station is the Victorian footbridge, and now redundant signal cabin, located at the end of the up platform. The adjacent gated level crossing was replaced in recent years by automatic lights and barriers. Most trains use the down platform, and both have been extended following upgrading of the Tralee line. The station now only boasts a passing loop and one siding.
201 Class locomotive No.216 in Iirhs Rail's then new 'Intercity' livery arrives at Rathmore Station with a set of Mk3 coaches on a Dublin bound train. The Great Southern & Western Railway built station building on the down platform at Rathmore, dating from  December 1854. In recent years the down platform at Rathmore was extended at its eastern end, which resulted in the removal of the sidings serving the one time goods yard, which is now largely a car park. The two platforms are used daily. Rathmore signal cabin in the summer of 2002. The cabin was located at the west end of the station, adjacent to the level crossing and footbridge.
The interior of Rathmore signal cabin, as it was in 2002, showing the lever frame and Victorian token machine. Mechanical signalling on the Tralee line was made redundant in 2004. Rathdrum, looking east towards Mallow from the end of the up platform in 2002. On the right is the small stone built goods yard and siding. The siding has since been removed, and the down platform extended over the site. The manual gated level crossing, located at the western end of Rathmore Station, in 2002. The small town of Rathmore is located just off to the left. The same view but in 2006, by which time the crossing gates had been replaced by modern automatic lights and barriers, controlled from Dublin's Centralised Traffic Control centre. One of the many tall CTC aerials can also be seen.
The 1980s T-board sign on the up platform at Rathmore Station. Rathmore is well known for its Cadbury chocolate factory, which until the late 1970s had its own sidings located east of the town.