Roxton Halt, Co.Clare, served only a sparsely populated area on the narrow gauge West Clare Railway, which opened in 1887/95, running from Ennis to Kilkee and Kilrush. Roxton had only a short single platform with crossing keepers house adjacent to a level crossing on a minor road. With the delivery of new diesel railcars to the line, the halt, which had been closed for some time, was reopened in 1952 as a railcar stopping place. Despite this modernisation by CIE the entire line closed in 1961. The stone built crossing keepers cottage at Roxton remains, partially extended onto the former platform site. See Co.Clare Library site for photos of Roxton Halt.