Waterfall, Co.Cork, is a small hamlet located on the former Cork Bandon & South Coast Railway's line from Cork to Bantry. The station was originally opened by the Cork & Bandon Railway in June 1851 with the extension of their line into Cork City from Ballinhassig. The station had up & down platforms, with the main single storey station building located on the down side. Also on the down platform was the signal cabin and goods loading bank, while on the up platform was the waiting shelter. The station, along with the remainder of the west Cork railways were closed by CIE in March 1961, and today only the up & down platforms at Waterfall remain, the other station buildings having been demolished after closure. Just northwest of Waterfall the railway line crossed the N71 Cork to Bandon road via the impressive Chetwynd Viaduct, which remains in situ to this day.