Enniscorthy, Co.Wexford, is located on the main Dublin to Rosslare line. The Dublin Wicklow & Wexford Railway had opened the Wexford line as far as here in November 1863. Work however on extending the line was delayed due to the construction of the bridge across the River Slaney and the 405 yard long tunnel beneath the town just south of the station, and the extension did not open until 1873. Enniscorthy retains much of its DWWR/Dublin South Eastern style station buildings, including the 1922 replacement signal cabin which has since become redundant, footbridge and waiting room on the up platform. The goods shed and yard are located at the north end of the station and are now used by engineering trains.