Lahinch, a popular seaside resort for golfing and surfing in Co.Clare, was once served by the West Clare Railway's 1887/95 constructed narrow gauge rail line from Ennis to Kilkee and Kilrush. The West Clare Railway was the last narrow gauge line in Ireland, finally closing in 1961, despite CIE's efforts to modernise the route. Lahinch Station had two platforms and large single storey station building complete with attached wooden veranda on the platform. A siding serving a small goods shed was located at the west end of the station, opposite which was a small WCR wooden signal cabin, while at the east end was a turntable and small level crossing. Unfortunately no trace of the station remains today, other than a station access path lined with a railway style stone wall, the entire site is now occupied by a housing estate. See Co.Clare Library site for photos of Lahinch Station.