Leixlip, on the outskirts Dublin's western suburbs on the Dublin to Sligo line, is served by two stations, Leixlip Louise Bridge which is the original Midland Great Western Railway one, and this station which is the newer of the two called Confey. The station here, which is nearer to the village centre, was first opened in July 1990 as part of the first upgrade of suburban services to Maynooth. The station had just one platform, located on what was the former down line (the double track having been singled in 1930 by the Great Southern Railway) and extended beyond the narrow road overbridge. A small container acted as the ticket office. In 2000, the Maynooth line was re-doubled, resulting in the original single platform station been demolished. Confey now has up & down platforms, ramped footbridge and typical modern IE booking office. Part of the up platform and footbridge is actually suspended on stils above the adjacent Royal Canal.