Tallow Road was a station some miles north of the town it had supposed to have served on the former Mallow to Waterford line, in Co.Waterford. The station was opened with the line in 1872 by the Fermoy & Lismore Railway, who connected the large towns of Lismore and Fermoy, where they made a connection with the already existing line from Mallow. The F&LR was taken over by the Great Southern & Western in 1882. Despite its location Tallow Road boasted a large station building, but only had one platform with no passing loop or signal cabin. A small stone built goods shed was located at the east end of the station, along with an adjacent siding. The Mallow to Waterford line closed in March 1967, but the station at Tallow Road remains in a very good condition, having been extended neatly since closure. Part of the single platform, as well as the goods shed and loading bank also remain.