Templemore, north Co.Tipperary, is located on the main Dublin to Cork line. The Great Southern & Western Railway opened the line south from Portlaoise through Templemore to Limerick Jct in July 1848. The station building a Templemore displays the usual GSWR architecture, complete with brick chimneys. The large goods shed also survives at the north of the station on up side. On the down side is the stone built waiting shelter. The original Victorian GSWR station footbridge also remains, although a new modern one has been built adjacent to it. Templemore signal cabin, once located at the north end of the station, was taken out of use in 1986 following the replacement of the mechanical signalling on the line to Limerick Jct, and it was demolished shortly after.