Tobercurry (also spelt Tubbercurry), Co.Sligo, is one of small villages to be served by the Waterford Limerick & Western Railway's built line from Claremorris to Collooney, which opened in November 1895 to relieve poverty in this sparsely populated area. The 'Burma Rd' as its known, lost its passenger service in June 1963, but remained in use for goods until November 1975. Since closure the line has remained in situ, though abandoned. The route is part of the Western Rail Corridor scheme, but whether it will reopen in the future remains uncertain.
The station building and goods shed at Tobercurry were demolished in the 1980s to allow a new road to built bypassing the village centre. The disused signal cabin survived until it became unsafe and had to be demolished in 2006 The water tower, roofless waiting shelter and up & down platforms remain.