The popular west Co.Cork tourist spot of Schull was the terminus of the one time Schull & Skibbereen 3ft gauge tramway, which operated between Schull and Skibbereen between September 1886 and January 1947. The terminus station at Schull was located at the east end of the town, and consisted of a single platform and a large two storey station building. Opposite the platform was the goods yard and corrugated iron goods shed. Towards the west end of the station the line terminated at a turntable which gave access to the small locomotive shed. There was also a wooden carriage shed at the east of the station. Today the majority of the station buildings survive, now part of a private residence. The loco shed also remains, albeit derelict. In 1893 an extension of the line was constructed to a pier at Schull harbour, but by the late 1930s it had fallen into disuse. Having been closed by CIE in 1947, the Schull & Skibberreen Tramway was lifted in 1953.