Stillorgan in Dublin's southern suburbs, had a station which was opened in July 1854 with the Dublin & Wicklow Railway's mainline from Bray to Dundrum, and later extended to the Harcourt St terminus in Dublin City in 1859. Stillorgan Station is a typical D&WR structure, similar to those on the Dublin South Eastern Railway lines, and retains its original porch entrance design, window surrounds and wooden roof edging. The station had up and down platforms, but these have long since been demolished following closure of the line by CIE in December 1958. The station is located on the Brewery Rd, which once crossed the line on a road overbridge, also now gone. The majority of the Harcourt St line route has been reopened as the Luas Green tram line from Dublin's city centre, and in 2004 a new tram depot was built opposite the former station where the trams are now serviced. The section of Luas line from Stillorgan (Sandyford) to Brides Glen avoids a short stretch of the original railway route between Stillorgan and Foxrock.