Skeaf is a small town land in west Co.Cork, through which the former Cork Bandon & South Coast Railway's branch line from Ballinascarthy to Timoleague and Courtmacsherry passed through. The original builders of the railway, Ballinascarthy & Timoleague Jct Railway, opened a small halt at Skeaf in December 1890. The halt consisted of just a single platform on the down side of the line, accessed from an adjacent overbridge. Regular passenger services on the branch ceased in 1947, but it remained in use for regular goods, sugar beet and excursion traffic until completely closure of the West Cork lines by CIE in March 1961. After closure the halt at Skeaf was covered over by the adjacent road, which was re-aligned away from the overbridge, the structure of which remains though filled in.