Shankill, south Co.Dublin, was the last station on the Dublin & Wicklow Railway's original mainline from Harcourt St to Bray. Sjankill Station was opened with the line from Bray to Dundrum in July 1854. The station building, which was located on the down side, is a typical D&WR construction, and still retains its original wooden roof edging. The roadside of the station has a 1970s constructed facade, while on the railway side, a single storey extension has been added. The signal cabin and waiting room were located on the up platform, now long since demolished. A siding once serving serving the nearby Ballycorus lead smelting plant was located at the north end of the station on the down side. The stone road overbridges north and south of the station area remain in situ. Just north of Shankill the former line crosses the Brides Glen on a fine five arch granite built viaduct. The Harcourt St to Bray line was ultimately closed by CIE in December 1958, although the majority of the route has since been reopened as the Green Luas tram line from Dublin's city centre.